Malaysian gets Commonwealth reprieve after jacket found
Glasgow: Commonwealth Games shooting gold medallist Nur Ayuni Farhana Abdul Halim has been given a late reprieve to compete in Glasgow after her missing competition jacket was found and sent to her in Scotland.
Malaysian Ayuni, who won gold with Nur Suryani Taibi in the 10 metre air rifle pairs in New Delhi four years ago, had been scratched from the 10 metre air rifle and 50m rifle prone events after the garment was lost en route and failed to arrive before Monday`s registration for competition.
A borrowed jacket did not fit and Ayuni said a new one would take two months to get used to.
The luggage containing her tailored jacket was thought to be in London but was finally located in Kuala Lumpur airport`s Lost and Found and flown to Scotland on Wednesday ahead of Friday`s start of the shooting competition.
Malaysian team manager Musa Omar said an appeal to Games organisers had failed but they discovered a loophole where changes to the line-up could be lodged before Thursday`s pre-tournament technical meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you