Powerlifter Sakina Khatun wins bronze, Basha fails
Glasgow: Indian powerlifter Sakina Khatun won the bronze in the women`s lightweight (up to 61kg) category to give the country its first medal of day 10 of the 2014 Commonwealth Games here Saturday.
Sakina lifted a total weight of 88.2 kg to finish third.
Esther Oyema (136 kg) of Nigeria took home the gold while England`s Natalie Blake took home the silver with a 100.2 kg lift.
But there was disappointment from para powerlifter Farman Basha, who failed to finish in men`s light weight group B. Farman`s first lift of 145 kg was declared `no lift` while his second attempt of 147kg was a `good lift` after which he pulled out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- 'Will give up public life if found guilty in AgustaWestland scam'
- Date for estranged love-birds: Virat Kohli planning a dinner for Anushka Sharma?
- Do yoga, aquatic exercise to get relieve symptoms from multiple sclerosis
- Shah Rukh Khan is a huge, humble star: Waluscha De Sousa