Saurav Ghosal goes down fighting in CWG bronze playoff in squash
Glasgow: India`s wait for its first squash medal at the Commonwealth Games was prolonged with Saurav Ghosal`s fighting loss to Englishman Peter Barker in the bronze medal playoff at the Scotstoun Sports Campus here on Monday.
World No.16 Ghosal needed to come up something special for his first win over his eighth-ranked opponent. The Indian tried his best before going down 5-11 11-6 5-11 6-11.
The Kolkata-based played had lost to England number two James Willstrop in the semifinals yesterday.
India`s leading female player Dipika Pallikal had suffered a quarterfinal loss against England`s Alison Waters and Joshana Chinappa bowed out of the competition in the round of 16.
The squash contingent has a better chance of ending the medal drought in the doubles and mixed doubles event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports