Saurav Ghosal goes down fighting in CWG bronze playoff in squash
Glasgow: India`s wait for its first squash medal at the Commonwealth Games was prolonged with Saurav Ghosal`s fighting loss to Englishman Peter Barker in the bronze medal playoff at the Scotstoun Sports Campus here on Monday.
World No.16 Ghosal needed to come up something special for his first win over his eighth-ranked opponent. The Indian tried his best before going down 5-11 11-6 5-11 6-11.
The Kolkata-based played had lost to England number two James Willstrop in the semifinals yesterday.
India`s leading female player Dipika Pallikal had suffered a quarterfinal loss against England`s Alison Waters and Joshana Chinappa bowed out of the competition in the round of 16.
The squash contingent has a better chance of ending the medal drought in the doubles and mixed doubles event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre