Saurav Ghosal goes down fighting in CWG bronze playoff in squash
Glasgow: India`s wait for its first squash medal at the Commonwealth Games was prolonged with Saurav Ghosal`s fighting loss to Englishman Peter Barker in the bronze medal playoff at the Scotstoun Sports Campus here on Monday.
World No.16 Ghosal needed to come up something special for his first win over his eighth-ranked opponent. The Indian tried his best before going down 5-11 11-6 5-11 6-11.
The Kolkata-based played had lost to England number two James Willstrop in the semifinals yesterday.
India`s leading female player Dipika Pallikal had suffered a quarterfinal loss against England`s Alison Waters and Joshana Chinappa bowed out of the competition in the round of 16.
The squash contingent has a better chance of ending the medal drought in the doubles and mixed doubles event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Afghans push India for more arms, despite Pakistan's wary eye
- Canada to US tourists: please leave your guns at home
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar