Usain Bolt strikes first Commonwealth gold
Glasgow: Six-time Olympic champion Usain Bolt anchored Jamaica to the men`s 4X100m title at the Commonwealth Games at Hampden Park here on Saturday.
The Jamaican quartet of Jason Livermore, Kemar Bailey-Cole, Nickel Ashmeade and Bolt clocked a Commonwealth record of 37.58 seconds for the gold.
England took silver and Trinidad & Tobago finished third.
"It means a lot," said Bolt of the win. "Commonwealth gold is the only medal missing from my collection”.
"I`m happy to be here and sorry I didn`t manage to run the individual events because the energy out here is wonderful," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes reach French Open quarters
- Narendra Modi addresses 'Vikas Parv' rally in Karnataka, unveils cooking gas scheme for poor
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law
- Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ends his wait, Sergio Perez completes podium