Cricket ticket sales in South Africa surpasses 1m mark for first time
Johannesburg: Cricket sales in South Africa have shown a momentous increase this season, surpassing the one million mark for the first time, according to Cricket South Africa (CSA).
A total of 1 093 464 tickets had been processed to date, CSA said in a statement on Thursday, which included international and franchise matches as well as the Champions League T20 tournament, which South Africa hosted for the second time at the start of the season.
CSA acting CEO Naasei Appiah said it is very good news to see how the operations of nation``s cricketing board continue to grow and grow, adding their fans are the lifeblood of our game and he would like to thank them for their loyal support.
Appiah added this is tangible evidence that they are on the right path in making cricket a truly national sport accessible to all.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you