2013 ODI Tri-Series: West Indies vs Sri Lanka– Statistical highlights
Kingston (Jamaica): Statistical highlights of the one-day international between West Indies and Sri Lanka at Sabina Park here.
• Sunil Narine (4/40) has recorded his fourth instance of four wickets or more in an innings - once each vs Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, New Zealand and Australia. All four ODIs resulted in West Indian wins.
• Sunil Narine`s tally of 35 wickets (ave.13.34) in fourteen ODIs in West Indian wins is quite impressive.
• Ravi Rampaul (3/38) has recorded his best bowling performance vs Sri Lanka in ODIs.
• Mahela Jayawardene`s superb 52 off 52 balls is his 70th fifty in ODIs.
• Jayawardene and Tharanga were associated in a partnership of 62. They have amassed 521 in just five innings at an average of 104.20 for the first wicket in ODIs - their average is the highest amongst the Sri Lankan opening pairs with atleast 500 runs in ODIs.
• West Indies, with their seven consecutive wins at Kingston, equalling their best sequence, have won 22 out of 30 ODIs (lost seven and a no-result game) at this venue.
• Chris Gayle`s first hundred vs Sri Lanka is his 21st century in ODIs. His magnificent 109 off 100 balls is his fifth century in the West Indies - one each vs New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, India and Sri Lanka.
• Only Sachin Tendulkar (49), Ricky Ponting (30), Sanath Jayasuriya (28), and Sourav Ganguly (22) have registered more hundreds than Gayle.
• After recording 125 vs New Zealand at Kingston on July 7, 2012, Gayle`s aforesaid innings is his first score of fifty or more in fifteen outings.
• With three hundreds at Kingston, Gayle has established a record for most hundreds at this venue in ODIs, overtaking Shivnarine Chanderpaul`s tally of two hundreds.
• Gayle has received his 22nd Man of the Match award in ODIs - his first vs Sri Lanka.
• Gayle is the third batsman to complete 200 sixes or more in ODIs. The three players with most sixes in ODIs are Shahid Afridi (308), Jayasuriya (270), and Gayle (202).
• Angelo Matthews` unbeaten 55 off 77 balls is his first fifty vs West Indies - his 15th in ODIs.
• Kumar Sangakkara, in the course of his 17, has completed 11,000 runs for Sri Lanka in ODIs - his aggregate being 11006 at an average of 38.89 in 338 matches. His overall tally of 11,265 in ODIs includes 121 runs at an average of 40.33 for Asia XI and 138 runs for ICC World XI at an average of 46.00.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah