Bravo takes blame for West Indies exit
Port of Spain: West Indies ODI captain Dwayne Bravo has accepted part of the blame for the Caribbean side being knocked out of the Celkon Mobile Cup Tri Series.
The West Indies were on the brink of securing a place in the final after successive wins over Sri Lanka and India on the Jamaica leg.
However, Bravo’s men did not carry their winnings ways to Trinidad and when India beat Sri Lanka by 81 runs on the Duckworth/Lewis method they were denied a berth in the final.
“Yeah, obviously it (being captain) is a big responsibility and the performance of the team reflects on the captain,” Bravo said here on Wednesday.
“I myself, whether it is due to injury or slow over rates, have some key things I need to work on as a leader. It is a new form to me, a new role so I have to get accustomed to it and address it as quickly as possible."
Stand-in captain Kieron Pollard had earlier criticised the West Indies` 39-run loss to Sri Lanka on Monday.
Pollard, who scored a four-ball duck, was also critical of batsmen after Windies bowlers had given the team an advantage by taking early wickets.
Bravo has echoed the sentiments of his countryman and teammate that the Windies batting department needs to show more consistency.
“It is always difficult to point, to pick out what went wrong, but together as a team we have to take responsibility of a very disappointing end to a very good start,” Bravo told reporters.
“You know, we are too inconsistent as a team. We show signs of improvement and then we take a step backwards. I think that is something that we definitely need to try and iron out as early as possible in order for us to move up in the rankings of ODI cricket."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Delhi Assembly passes resolution against MHA notification: As it happened