Dhoni loves sunshine in Kingston after dull weather in UK
Kingston (Jamaica): Far away from the rain, cold and high winds of England where he scripted another golden chapter for Indian cricket, captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni was pleased to finally wake up to a "beautiful sunny morning" across the Atlantic.
"Thought will sleep till late but woke up at 7,nevermind atleast was able to c a beautiful sunny morning, a must after 30 days in UK," Dhoni wrote on his twitter page.
On their way to the Champions Trophy triumph at the Old Blighty, Dhoni and his men successfully saw off the challenges posed by rain, chill and, most importantly, their opponents.
A month`s time in England, and the Indian players were craving for sunshine.
"Jamaica welcomes us with bright sun shine and some lovely cricket fans. Not to forget hoardings of the great Usain Bolt," tweeted off-spinner R Ashwin upon arrival here.
"Great to get some bright sun shine. This feels so much like home."
India will take on the West Indies and Sri Lanka in the ODI tri-series starting here tomorrow.
"Landed in Jamaica. Got to shake off the long flight & jet lag asap. But the weather is lovely!" Suresh Raina wrote on his page.
India clinched the ICC Champions Trophy, in its last edition, with a nerve-wracking five-run victory over hosts England in a rain-hit final on Sunday, giving their captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the unique record of being the first captain to win three world titles.
The skipper was all praise for the vociferous support from the Indian community in Birmingham.
"Forgot to mention this, wen v were playing at birmingham it felt as if v were playing in one of the Indian stadiums, fans were brilliant," Dhoni tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre