Holder replaces injured Rampaul in WI team for tri-series
Kingston (Jamaica): Pacer Ravi Rampaul was on Tuesday replaced by Jason Holder in the West Indies cricket team for the second leg of the ODI tri-series against India and Sri Lanka after he sprained his ankle in the opening game.
West Indies, who have beaten both India and Sri Lanka in their first two matches here, will now travel to Port of Spain in Trinidad for the second half of the tournament.
Rampaul did not play the team`s second match, against India, along with skipper Dwayne Bravo, who was nursing a groin injury but is expected to be fit for the upcoming matches starting with the one against India on Friday.
Holder made his debut during the team`s tour of Australia earlier this year and was also picked for the Champions Trophy squad. But the youngster warmed the benches during the tournament in which the team failed to go beyond the group stage.
West Indies Squad: Dwayne Bravo (capt), Darren Bravo, Chris Gayle, Johnson Charles, Kieron Pollard, Marlon Samuels, Denesh Ramdin, Devon Smith, Darren Sammy, Sunil Narine, Tino Best, Jason Holder, Kemar Roach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing