Holder replaces injured Rampaul in WI team for tri-series
Kingston (Jamaica): Pacer Ravi Rampaul was on Tuesday replaced by Jason Holder in the West Indies cricket team for the second leg of the ODI tri-series against India and Sri Lanka after he sprained his ankle in the opening game.
West Indies, who have beaten both India and Sri Lanka in their first two matches here, will now travel to Port of Spain in Trinidad for the second half of the tournament.
Rampaul did not play the team`s second match, against India, along with skipper Dwayne Bravo, who was nursing a groin injury but is expected to be fit for the upcoming matches starting with the one against India on Friday.
Holder made his debut during the team`s tour of Australia earlier this year and was also picked for the Champions Trophy squad. But the youngster warmed the benches during the tournament in which the team failed to go beyond the group stage.
West Indies Squad: Dwayne Bravo (capt), Darren Bravo, Chris Gayle, Johnson Charles, Kieron Pollard, Marlon Samuels, Denesh Ramdin, Devon Smith, Darren Sammy, Sunil Narine, Tino Best, Jason Holder, Kemar Roach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday