India fined for maintaining slow over-rate against SL
Kingston: India`s stand-in captain Virat Kohli has been fined 20 per cent of his match fees and his team-mates 10 per cent for maintaining a slow over rate in their Tri-nation ODI series match against Sri Lanka.
ndia were handed an embarrassing 165-run defeat by the Sri Lankans in the match that took place at the Sabina Place on Tuesday.
"In accordance with the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel, and in particular the regulations contained therein governing minor over-rate offences, players are fined 10 per cent of their match fees for every over their side fails to bowl in the allotted time, with the captain fined double that amount," the ICC said in a statement.
"As such, Kohli was fined 20 per cent of his match fee while his team mates received 10 per cent fines," it added.
Jeff Crowe, of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees, imposed the fines after Kohli`s side was ruled to be one over short of its target, after time allowances were taken into consideration.
"The offence is contrary to Article 2.5.1 of the Code. The penalty was accepted by India without contest so there was no need for a hearing," the statement further said.
It was India`s second defeat on the trot, having lost to the hosts West Indies in their series opener at the same venue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack