Indian cricketers return home after twin triumphs
New Delhi: The victorious Indian cricketers have started trickling into the country after being on the road for more than a month during which they lifted the ICC Champions Trophy and won the ODI tri-series in the West Indies.
Skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who has been rested from the upcoming series against Zimbabwe, has taken a break and is on a holiday, reportedly in London.
But some of the travelling players have landed back in the country.
"Its nice to be back at home after two months, but bad thing is its difficult to adjust the timing!!," tweeted pacer Ishant Sharma upon his return to the city.
Batsman Rohit Sharma, who flourished after being promoted to the opening slot, touched down in Mumbai.
"Touched down in Mumbai finally and such a warm welcome at d airport,really thrilled to see d smile on people`s face..Fantastic 2 months!," he tweeted.
The cricketers enjoyed an unbeaten run in the Champions Trophy before lifting the trophy, beating England in the final.
They headed straight to the West Indies after that and after a couple of losses, bounced back to emerge triumphant over the home team and Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!