Indian team leaves for West Indies
London: After lifting the Champions Trophy with a remarkable unbeaten run here, the victorious Indian cricket team on Wednesday departed for Jamaica to compete in an ODI tri-series against the West Indies and Sri Lanka starting June 28.
"Off to jamaica nw,,, Nxt mission ahead ,had a lovely time in England....," tweeted all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja with a picture of his boarding pass.
"On board to Jamaica,with the new speed gun that`s joined us," said off-spinner R Ashwin on his twitter handle with a picture of Mohammed Shami, who replaced an injured Irfan Pathan in the team.
The first three matches of the series would be played in Jamaica (from June 28 to July 2) before the action shifts to Trinidad (from July 5 to July 11).
India will open their campaign against the West Indies on June 30.
Squad: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina, Dinesh Karthik, Murali Vijay, Rohit Sharma, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ishant Sharma, Amit Mishra, R Vinay Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof