Indian team leaves for West Indies
London: After lifting the Champions Trophy with a remarkable unbeaten run here, the victorious Indian cricket team on Wednesday departed for Jamaica to compete in an ODI tri-series against the West Indies and Sri Lanka starting June 28.
"Off to jamaica nw,,, Nxt mission ahead ,had a lovely time in England....," tweeted all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja with a picture of his boarding pass.
"On board to Jamaica,with the new speed gun that`s joined us," said off-spinner R Ashwin on his twitter handle with a picture of Mohammed Shami, who replaced an injured Irfan Pathan in the team.
The first three matches of the series would be played in Jamaica (from June 28 to July 2) before the action shifts to Trinidad (from July 5 to July 11).
India will open their campaign against the West Indies on June 30.
Squad: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina, Dinesh Karthik, Murali Vijay, Rohit Sharma, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ishant Sharma, Amit Mishra, R Vinay Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning