MS Dhoni ruled out of tri-series due to hamstring injury
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Indian skipper MS Dhoni has been ruled out of the ongoing tri-nation series in West Indies due to a hamstring injury.
BCCI’s official Twitter handle on Monday confirmed the news on the social micro-blogging site.
“Team India skipper @msdhoni has been ruled out of the ongoing tri-series in the West Indies, due to a hamstring injury,” it said.
BCCI also confirmed Virat Kohli as the skipper for the remaining series while Ambati Rayudu has been included as a replacement for Mahi.
“@imVkohli will lead India in the remainder of the tri-series. Ambati Rayudu has been named as @msdhoni replacement, it said.
India lost their first ODI against West Indies by one wicket on Sunday. MS Dhoni suffered a hamstring while batting and was seen wobbling for most part of his innings before being bowled by Tino Best.
The Indian skipper didn’t come to field in the second innings and Kohli led the side in the first ODI. India will now play against Sri Lanka in the second ODI to be played on July 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH