Presenter forgets to announce winners` trophy
Port of Spain: Even as the Indian players basked in glory after adding yet another ODI title to their kitty, presenter and commentator Arun Lal forgot to invite the victorious captain to hold aloft the winners` trophy.
The former India cricketer was then reminded as Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Virat Kohli, who led the team in three matches in the regular captain`s absence, collected the trophy.
Dhoni once again lived upto the `Captain Cool` tag as he held his nerve to almost singlehandedly guide India to the title triumph with a narrow one-wicket win over Sri Lanka in a thrilling final of the the Tri-nation ODI series here.
Needing 15 from the last over in their chase of 202, Dhoni smashed Shaminda Eranga for two sixes and a boundary in just four balls to finish off the game in style at the Queen`s Park Oval.
After bowling out Sri Lanka for 201, India rode on Dhoni and Rohit Sharma`s half century to chase down the target with two balls to spare at the Queen`s Park Oval.
The result also meant that the Champions Trophy winners` recent run of success in the 50-over format continued.
As the captain slammed Eranga over extra cover for the winning shot, the Indian crowd erupted in joy and the jubilant players ran down the pitch to flank the man of the moment, who remained unbeaten on 45 off 52 balls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble