Tri-series: BCCI reprimands Ravindra Jadeja, seeks explanation on spat with Suresh Raina
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The on-field spat between two Indian cricketers – Suresh Raina and Ravindra Jadeja – has prompted the BCCI to take a stern approach towards the incident leading the cricket board to reprimand the latter.
The board has reportedly also asked for a written explanation from Jadeja.
During a match against hosts West Indies in the ongoing tri-series, Jadeja lost his cool apparently after Raina missed two catches off his bowling in the 26th and 32nd over of the Windies innings.
The first chance came in the 26th over when an edge ricocheted off wicketkeeper Dinesh Karthik’s gloves and went past Raina at slip. The batsman was Kemar Roach.
Later in the 32nd over, Sunil Narine was given a chance off the bowling of Jadeja as both Bhuvneshwar and Raina misjudged a catch at long-on after the southpaw played a lofted shot. Narine followed that with a six.
After the fall of ninth Windies wicket, Jadeja and Raina got involved into a heated argument that forced stand-in captain Virat Kohli to intervene.
According to a report in a leading Indian daily, Jadeja vented his fury on his teammate by making comments on his loss of interest in captaincy adding that it has spilled onto his fielding as well.
Later, the duo was seen walking off the field together after the match ended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry