Tri-series: BCCI reprimands Ravindra Jadeja, seeks explanation on spat with Suresh Raina
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The on-field spat between two Indian cricketers – Suresh Raina and Ravindra Jadeja – has prompted the BCCI to take a stern approach towards the incident leading the cricket board to reprimand the latter.
The board has reportedly also asked for a written explanation from Jadeja.
During a match against hosts West Indies in the ongoing tri-series, Jadeja lost his cool apparently after Raina missed two catches off his bowling in the 26th and 32nd over of the Windies innings.
The first chance came in the 26th over when an edge ricocheted off wicketkeeper Dinesh Karthik’s gloves and went past Raina at slip. The batsman was Kemar Roach.
Later in the 32nd over, Sunil Narine was given a chance off the bowling of Jadeja as both Bhuvneshwar and Raina misjudged a catch at long-on after the southpaw played a lofted shot. Narine followed that with a six.
After the fall of ninth Windies wicket, Jadeja and Raina got involved into a heated argument that forced stand-in captain Virat Kohli to intervene.
According to a report in a leading Indian daily, Jadeja vented his fury on his teammate by making comments on his loss of interest in captaincy adding that it has spilled onto his fielding as well.
Later, the duo was seen walking off the field together after the match ended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- DNA: Today in History | 25th August, 2016
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Ronaldo beats Bale, Griezmann to win second UEFA Best Player in Europe Award
- After tribal's walk with wife's body, Odisha launches hearse scheme
- PM Modi pips Amitabh Bachchan, becomes most followed Indian on Twitter
- Tips to treat minor burns at home!
- UEFA Champions League draw: Barca reunion for Guardiola, Madrid get Dortmund, Arsenal pair PSG