Tri-series final: India vs Sri Lanka – Scorecard
Zee Media Bureau
MS Dhoni once again soaked the pressure to snatch victory from the Sri Lankans in the final of the tri-nation series. India defeated Sri Lanka by one wicket to lift the trophy.
ALSO READ: Iceman MS Dhoni does it again, with a Six!»
TOSS: India has won the toss as MS Dhoni is back for the final match and he has asked West Indies to bat first.
The Indian team has done exceptionally well to reach the finals of the tri-nation series. After losing two matches in a row, they bounced back to defeat Sri Lanka and then West Indies comprehensively in the next two matches, with bonus points to seal their final berth. After all this hard work, they would want to end their campaign on a high note.
Sri Lanka on the other hand have had a mixed tournament so far. They lost the first match against the hosts after which Tharanga and Jayawardene posted 213 runs for the first wicket against India, a match where they won by 161 runs. They then defeated West Indies in their third match before being bundled for just 96 runs in their last match against India, where the Indian team registered their second win and stormed through to the finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview