Tri-series final: India vs Sri Lanka – Scorecard
Zee Media Bureau
MS Dhoni once again soaked the pressure to snatch victory from the Sri Lankans in the final of the tri-nation series. India defeated Sri Lanka by one wicket to lift the trophy.
ALSO READ: Iceman MS Dhoni does it again, with a Six!»
TOSS: India has won the toss as MS Dhoni is back for the final match and he has asked West Indies to bat first.
The Indian team has done exceptionally well to reach the finals of the tri-nation series. After losing two matches in a row, they bounced back to defeat Sri Lanka and then West Indies comprehensively in the next two matches, with bonus points to seal their final berth. After all this hard work, they would want to end their campaign on a high note.
Sri Lanka on the other hand have had a mixed tournament so far. They lost the first match against the hosts after which Tharanga and Jayawardene posted 213 runs for the first wicket against India, a match where they won by 161 runs. They then defeated West Indies in their third match before being bundled for just 96 runs in their last match against India, where the Indian team registered their second win and stormed through to the finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred