Tri-series: India vs Sri Lanka- Statistical highlights
• Upul Tharanga has got his first Man of the Match award against India - his eleventh in ODIs.
• Tharanga`s superb unbeaten 174 off 159 balls is his best ever score in ODIs, surpassing the 133 vs Zimbabwe at Pallekele on March 10, 2011.
• Tharanga is the ninth Sri Lankan player and the 64th overall to complete 5,000 runs or more in ODIs - 5153 at an average of 34.81 in 164 matches.
• Tharanga`s feat of reaching 5000 in 157 innings is the second fastest by a Sri Lankan player in ODIs.
• Marvan Atapattu took 152 innings to achieve the feat.
• Tharanga`s 13th century in ODIs is his second vs India.
• Tharanga`s above innings is the second highest by a Sri Lankan batsman against India in ODIs, next only to the 189 off 161 balls by Sanath Jayasuriya at Sharjah on October 29, 2000.
• Tharanga`s knock is the highest by any player in ODIs in the Caribbean, eclipsing Imran Nazir`s 160 off 121 balls vs Zimbabwe at Kingston on March 21, 2007.
• Ravindra Jadeja (49 not out off 62 balls) has posted his highest score in the Caribbean in ODIs.
• Rangana Herath (3/37) has recorded his best bowling figures vs India in ODIs. The said performance is his best in eight ODIs in 2013.
• Sri Lanka have defeated India in both the games played in the West Indies - by 69 runs at Port of Spain on March 23, 2007 and by 161 runs at Kingston on July 2, 2013.
• Sri Lanka`s convincing win by 161 runs is their second largest in terms of runs against India in ODIs, next only to a 245-run win at Sharjah on October 29, 2000.
• India have recorded their biggest defeat in terms of runs when they sent the opponents into bat.
• Sri Lanka (348 for one) have posted their second highest total against India in ODIs - the highest is 411 for eight at Rajkot on December 15, 2009.
• Sri Lanka`s above score is their highest in ODIs in the Caribbean.
• The said score is the second highest by any team at Kingston next only to Pakistan`s 349 vs Zimbabwe on March 21, 2007.
• Sri Lanka have provided the first instance that a side completed their innings while batting first, losing just one wicket in an ODI.
• The four highest individual innings by Sri Lankan players have been recorded against India in ODIs.
• Ravichandran Ashwin`s figures of 10-0-66-1 are his most expensive on foreign soil in ODIs.
• Shami Ahmed (10-0-68-0) has recorded his worst bowling figures in ODIs.
• Mahela Jayawardene is the first Sri Lankan batsman to record three consecutive innings of fifty-plus at Sabina Park - 115 not out vs New Zealand on April 24, 2007; 52 vs West Indies on June 28, 2013 and 107 vs India on July 2, 2013.
• Jayawardene enjoys superb batting record in the West Indies, totalling 820 runs at an average of 51.25 in 19 ODIs, including two hundreds and six fifties.
• Jayawardene`s third century vs India is his 16th in ODIs.
• Both Sri Lankan openers have posted hundreds for the first time vs India and the seventh time in ODIs - the most for a side.
• Tharanga and Jayawardene were involved in a partnership of 213 - Sri Lanka`s highest for the first wicket vs India in ODIs, eclipsing the 188 between Dilshan and Tharanga at Rajkot on December 15, 2009. The said stand is Sri Lanka`s first century stand for the first wicket against India outside the subcontinent in ODIs.
• Overall, nine double century stands have been recorded for the first wicket for Sri Lanka in ODIs - the highest being 286 between Jayasuriya and Tharanga vs England at Leeds on July 1, 2006.
• Tharanga has set a record by participating in seven partnerships of 200 or more in ODIs (out of nine double century stands for the opening wicket for Sri Lanka). Ricky Ponting remains the only other batsman to participate in seven stands of 200 or more in ODIs.
• The match-winning 213-run partnership is the highest for any wicket in the West Indies in ODIs, bettering the 204 for the fourth wicket between Michael Clarke and Brad Hodge for Australia vs Netherlands at Basseterre on March 18, 2007.
• Tharanga and Jayawardene have posted three partnerships of 200-plus for the first wicket - 202 vs Pakistan at Dambulla on August 3, 2009; 215 vs Bangladesh at Dhaka on January 8, 2010 and 213 vs India at Kingston on July 2, 2013. They became the only Sri Lankan opening pair to record an average of 100-plus in ODIs, aggregating 734 runs in just six innings at an average of 122.33. (minimum qualification: 500).
• For the fourth time, century stands for the first and second wicket have been recorded for Sri Lanka in ODIs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars