`Agar effect` drowns Pirates of the Caribbean charm in TV stakes Down Under
Sydney: Teenage Australian cricket sensation Ashton Agar is being touted as the reason behind huge demand for Ashes tickets down under and an increase in TV ratings for the Ashes in the country, which have even left behind MasterChef Australia and the Pirates of the Caribbean movie.
According to The Daily Telegraph, Agar`s agency, Signature Sport, has been flooded with requests from media and sponsors.
However, the report said that people around Agar have insisted that his focus remains solely on his cricket, with him exploring new avenues only at the conclusion of the away series of the Ashes because his performances on the field only had catapulted him into the spotlight.
Meanwhile, a staggering 807,000 viewers watched the first session of the Lord`s Test on Channel 9`s digital channel Gem on Thursday night, the report added.
A Cricket Australia spokesman said that fans had responded after a gripping first Test in the UK last week and there was enormous excitement around the England tour, with tickets being snapped up to all matches across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?