`Agar effect` drowns Pirates of the Caribbean charm in TV stakes Down Under
Sydney: Teenage Australian cricket sensation Ashton Agar is being touted as the reason behind huge demand for Ashes tickets down under and an increase in TV ratings for the Ashes in the country, which have even left behind MasterChef Australia and the Pirates of the Caribbean movie.
According to The Daily Telegraph, Agar`s agency, Signature Sport, has been flooded with requests from media and sponsors.
However, the report said that people around Agar have insisted that his focus remains solely on his cricket, with him exploring new avenues only at the conclusion of the away series of the Ashes because his performances on the field only had catapulted him into the spotlight.
Meanwhile, a staggering 807,000 viewers watched the first session of the Lord`s Test on Channel 9`s digital channel Gem on Thursday night, the report added.
A Cricket Australia spokesman said that fans had responded after a gripping first Test in the UK last week and there was enormous excitement around the England tour, with tickets being snapped up to all matches across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey