`Asian Bradman` Zaheer Abbas slams Pak team selection for Proteas series
Karachi: Former Pakistani captain Zaheer Abbas has slammed Pakistan`s team selection for the upcoming home series against South Africa at the neutral venues of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
According to The Nation, Pakistan`s middle order is the only area which looks more than solid in the presence experienced veterans Younus Khan and captain Misbah-ul Haq.
Stating that he finds it difficult to understand the logic behind delaying the names of three players and the naming of two left arm spinners in the squad, Abbas, also called the Asian Bradman, said that it is doubtful that the spinners would be playing in the series as off-spinner Saeed Ajmal is already present in the squad.
According to Abbas, by delaying the names of the three players, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) had put extra load on the youngsters, who were already playing under immense pressure as they are fully aware of the fact that their inclusion in the playing XI is already highly unlikely.
Abbas further said that the selectors should have picked a strong and balanced side, including an all-rounder, adding that by picking an all-rounder , Pakistan can cover all the three areas of batting, bowling and fielding and provide much-needed depth in the team.
Abbas also said that at least three opening batsmen should have been named as Pakistan team has been struggling since long in the opening department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi