`Asian Bradman` Zaheer Abbas slams Pak team selection for Proteas series
Karachi: Former Pakistani captain Zaheer Abbas has slammed Pakistan`s team selection for the upcoming home series against South Africa at the neutral venues of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
According to The Nation, Pakistan`s middle order is the only area which looks more than solid in the presence experienced veterans Younus Khan and captain Misbah-ul Haq.
Stating that he finds it difficult to understand the logic behind delaying the names of three players and the naming of two left arm spinners in the squad, Abbas, also called the Asian Bradman, said that it is doubtful that the spinners would be playing in the series as off-spinner Saeed Ajmal is already present in the squad.
According to Abbas, by delaying the names of the three players, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) had put extra load on the youngsters, who were already playing under immense pressure as they are fully aware of the fact that their inclusion in the playing XI is already highly unlikely.
Abbas further said that the selectors should have picked a strong and balanced side, including an all-rounder, adding that by picking an all-rounder , Pakistan can cover all the three areas of batting, bowling and fielding and provide much-needed depth in the team.
Abbas also said that at least three opening batsmen should have been named as Pakistan team has been struggling since long in the opening department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city