`Ball changing` Aleem Dar `demoted` to fourth umpire for CT final
London: Pakistani umpire Aleem Dar has reportedly been relegated to the peripheral fourth umpire role following the ball-tampering allegations in the ICC Champions Trophy that rocked the England team.
Dar infuriated England, especially captain Alastair Cook, by changing one of the balls during the team`s defeat by Sri Lanka at The Oval last week, fuelling controversy over how the home team had generated reverse swing so quickly in their opening fixture against Australia.
Dar`s role as fourth umpire will be purely supportive, with one of his official roles is to make sure that the batteries are working in the light meters.
Kumar Dharmasena and Rod Tucker will be the on-field umpires on Sunday with responsibility for monitoring the condition of the balls, adding that Bruce Oxenford will make the replay decisions in his third umpire role.
However, the issue of reverse swing might become irrelevant in the crucial final in Birmingham as the area may be grey and damp on Sunday according to the weather forecast, making orthodox swing the most potent attacking weapon.
India`s previous appearance in the Champions Trophy final was wrecked by the weather, as they had to share the trophy with Sri Lanka after heavy rain in Colombo prevented a finish even after a reserve day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark