`BCCI still worried about Modi`s link with SLPL`
Colombo: Sri Lanka Sports Minister on Friday once again rejected BCCI`s concern about former IPL Chairman Lalit Modi`s involvement with the SLPL, saying he personally obtained the records of the company, given the responsibility to organise the event, but found no Modi association with it.
BCCI had refused No Objection Certificates to 12 Indian players to play in the SLPL, stating that Modi has a stake in the Singapore-based company, which is organising by the T20 league on behalf of the Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC).
"Indians are suspicious of Modi`s involvement in SLPL. I tried my best to prove them wrong," said Aluthgamage after appointing a new interim committee to run SLC on Friday.
The Minister also said it was unfortunate that BCCI has refused to sent the players as the SLPL was organised only after India had given assurances that their cricketers would be made available.
"I am helpless as I can`t do anything to see India change their stance. I have written to them and I remain hopeful that there will be a change of heart and Indian players would be able to come," Aluthgamage said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof