`Brand Tendulkar` has evolved beyond cricket: WSG India chief
New Delhi: For over two decades, Sachin Tendulkar has been one of the most coveted `brands` in India, but as the maestro gears up for his historic 200th Test match, it seems that `Brand Sachin` is ready to evolve beyond the realms of cricket.
"Sachin Tendulkar`s brand has transcended beyond the cricket field. It is a brand that has more than enough credibility in the collective consciousness of the Indian public. Therefore, I believe, that you can`t pinpoint on one particular event (200th Test match) for celebration. Each of Sachin`s achievements has been unique in itself," World Sport Group (WSG) Senior Vice-President and Country Head Harish Krishnamachar stated.
WSG has been managing Tendulkar since 2006, after his contract with World Tel group ended.
Asked about Tendulkar`s brand value, Krishnamachar said that most of senior batsmen`s sponsors have long-term contracts with him.
"Just like us, the commitment that Sachin has had with his sponsors has been long term. Since 2006, when we started managing Sachin`s commercial aspects, his sponsorship contracts have all been long term. Now if the sponsors want activation around the event (200th Test), they are free to do so," the WSG Country Head commented.
Asked how will Tendulkar maintain his `Brand Value` once he calls time on his career, Krishnamachar said that the "possibilities are fantastic".
"He will certainly like to give back something to the game in his own way and obviously the connect that he has with Corporate world wouldn`t also diminish. So far his cricketing commitments have taken a lot of time. May be now he can focus on writing about his phenomenal career, may be a lovely docu-feature that carries on his legacy."
Apart from managing the most celebrated cricketer in the history of the game, WSG is now dabbling into international football as they are the commercial partners of South Asian Football Federation (SAFF).
"It was a fantastic experience to organize the SAFF Cup in association with ANFA (All Nepal Football Federation). The packed houses during Nepal`s game and also the sizeable crowd that we saw in the final was indicative of game`s popularity in the region."
The SAFF committee has proposed a Club Championship and WSG will be more than happy to make the event a success.
"We definitely are interested in helping SAFF in organising the Club Championship. The kind of following that club football has in this region gives us confidence that it has the potential to succeed," Krishnamachar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state