`Delay in Dhoni captaining India at home state man-made`
Ranchi: Expressing happiness with the prospect of M S Dhoni leading Team India against England at Ranchi, former India manager Amitabh Choudhary on Thursday alleged that `man-made circumstances` had delayed Dhoni`s debut as captain in his home state Jharkhand.
"Dhoni has played as a player at Keenan Stadium in Jamshedpur, but not as a captain. It was man-made circumstances which delayed Dhoni from leading Team India in his home state," Choudhary said.
The manager during Team India`s tour of Zimbabwe under Saurav Ganguly in 2005-06 and the current president of the Jharkhand State Cricket Association, however, did not wish to elaborate.
"I have my own conclusions as to what and who prevented Dhoni from playing as captain at Keenan. There should be an investigation into the circumstances preventing Dhoni leading the team at Keenan as it was not natural circumstance that prevented him," said Choudhary who was also manager of the India team that toured West Indies in June-July last year.
Dhoni`s home town is one of the venues to host an international tie between India and England between November 2012 and January 2013, subject to the approval of the ICC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune