`Dumped` Arthur confident of finding resolution with Cricket Australia over `controversial` lawsuit

Last Updated: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 16:11

Melbourne: Former Australian cricket coach Mickey Arthur is confident that he will be able to find a resolution with Cricket Australia over the lawsuit controversy triggered after his shock dismissal as national coach a fortnight before the start of the side`s Ashes campaign last month.

According to The Age, Arthur and CA have entered the second day of conciliation talks at the Fair Work Commission in Sydney.

The former coach said that the two will be trying hard to get it fixed on a fair and reasonable basis and hopefully it will be done before the start of the big Test tomorrow, although they had not come to an outcome so far.

Arthur is suing CA for a reported 4 million dollars and the case sparked headlines after it revealed the internal divisions within the Australian team, particularly the fractious relationship between captain Michael Clarke and his former deputy Shane Watson, the report said.

Arthur`s statement of claim, which was leaked to a media outlet, documented how Clarke had allegedly labeled Watson as a `cancer` on the team, with both the former coach and CA denying that they were responsible for the leak, the report added.

ANI



First Published: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 16:11

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus