`Dumped` Arthur confident of finding resolution with Cricket Australia over `controversial` lawsuit
Melbourne: Former Australian cricket coach Mickey Arthur is confident that he will be able to find a resolution with Cricket Australia over the lawsuit controversy triggered after his shock dismissal as national coach a fortnight before the start of the side`s Ashes campaign last month.
According to The Age, Arthur and CA have entered the second day of conciliation talks at the Fair Work Commission in Sydney.
The former coach said that the two will be trying hard to get it fixed on a fair and reasonable basis and hopefully it will be done before the start of the big Test tomorrow, although they had not come to an outcome so far.
Arthur is suing CA for a reported 4 million dollars and the case sparked headlines after it revealed the internal divisions within the Australian team, particularly the fractious relationship between captain Michael Clarke and his former deputy Shane Watson, the report said.
Arthur`s statement of claim, which was leaked to a media outlet, documented how Clarke had allegedly labeled Watson as a `cancer` on the team, with both the former coach and CA denying that they were responsible for the leak, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it