`Fascinating to share dressing room with Sachin`
Wellington: New Zealand all-rounder James Franklin has said that he considers himself fortunate to have shared a dressing room with Indian batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar during this year`s Indian Premier League.
The Waikato Times quoted Franklin, as saying: "He`s a really nice guy and it`s fascinating to watch the way he trains and prepares for games under all that scrutiny."
"That was good fun, also getting to know him and what his interests are outside the game," he added.
Now back home with wife Kerry and son Charlie, 2, and a second child due in July, Franklin, 30, is taking his first serious break in two years instead of rejoining Gloucestershire.
His player review with Wright and Greatbatch will focus on his bowling, which he hopes to return to the state it was five years ago. With 89 ODIs and 27 Tests to his name, the premier all-rounder`s spot remains a big goal when training resumes next month.
"Bowling is going to be a key emphasis, to work hard and get it back to a standard where I can win games for whoever I play for. It has been a bit topsy turvy for the past two years."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves