`India-Pakistan series bigger than Ashes`
Karachi: Praising the efforts of the two countries` cricket boards in reviving bilateral series, former Pakistan skipper and all-rounder Shahid Afridi said the popularity of India-Pakistan series is bigger than the Ashes.
Besides Afridi, Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq said that fans from both sides of the border are always eager to watch cricket matches between the two arch-rivals.
Pakistan will be playing three ODI matches and two Twenty20s against traditional rivals India in December this year.
"The series between Pakistan and India is more popular than the Ashes series between Australia and England," Afridi was quoted as saying by The News. "The matches between Pakistan and India are widely followed and people throughout the world are greatly interested in their matches," he added.
"The pressure is great when we play against India but it is also more thrilling," Afridi said.
The series will be the first bilateral series between the two teams since Pakistan toured India in 2007.
"It will be a great a spectacle for the cricket fans when the two sides face each other," Misbah said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!