`India-Pakistan series bigger than Ashes`
Karachi: Praising the efforts of the two countries` cricket boards in reviving bilateral series, former Pakistan skipper and all-rounder Shahid Afridi said the popularity of India-Pakistan series is bigger than the Ashes.
Besides Afridi, Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq said that fans from both sides of the border are always eager to watch cricket matches between the two arch-rivals.
Pakistan will be playing three ODI matches and two Twenty20s against traditional rivals India in December this year.
"The series between Pakistan and India is more popular than the Ashes series between Australia and England," Afridi was quoted as saying by The News. "The matches between Pakistan and India are widely followed and people throughout the world are greatly interested in their matches," he added.
"The pressure is great when we play against India but it is also more thrilling," Afridi said.
The series will be the first bilateral series between the two teams since Pakistan toured India in 2007.
"It will be a great a spectacle for the cricket fans when the two sides face each other," Misbah said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam