`India-Pakistan series bigger than Ashes`
Karachi: Praising the efforts of the two countries` cricket boards in reviving bilateral series, former Pakistan skipper and all-rounder Shahid Afridi said the popularity of India-Pakistan series is bigger than the Ashes.
Besides Afridi, Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq said that fans from both sides of the border are always eager to watch cricket matches between the two arch-rivals.
Pakistan will be playing three ODI matches and two Twenty20s against traditional rivals India in December this year.
"The series between Pakistan and India is more popular than the Ashes series between Australia and England," Afridi was quoted as saying by The News. "The matches between Pakistan and India are widely followed and people throughout the world are greatly interested in their matches," he added.
"The pressure is great when we play against India but it is also more thrilling," Afridi said.
The series will be the first bilateral series between the two teams since Pakistan toured India in 2007.
"It will be a great a spectacle for the cricket fans when the two sides face each other," Misbah said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened