`Injured` Harris `on track` in preparations for key Ashes role
Sydney: Australian fast bowler Ryan Harris is reportedly on the track for his preparations for an important role in the Ashes, despite the fact that he will sit out again for the Australia A game on Friday against Ireland.
Although James Pattinson shapes as the spearhead and Peter Siddle the glue for the Test attack, but it is Harris who many believe can put England under real pressure for the five-Test series starting on July 10 at Trent Bridge.
However, the report added, Australia must formulate a plan to get the most out Harris` temperamental body as the injury-prone quick is unlikely to up to playing every match.
But Australia A coach Troy Cooley expressed confidence about Harris` recovery from an Achilles strain, saying that Harris is starting to click in and get the fitness he will need to be ready for the Ashes, which is a key focus for him.
Meanwhile, Pattinson, who impressed with his first-ever red-ball hit-out on English soil, claiming seven wickets in the four-day romp for Australia A over Scotland, said that Harris is a `weapon` for the Australian side, adding that he is confident that when the Ashes start, the bowler would be up and running for the first Test, given his steadily improving fitness.
According to Pattinson, it would be a boost to the team confidence if they have Harris, who played 15 Test matches and averages 23, back in the fold, adding that the quick makes for good competition within the bowlers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof