`Kirsten wants to change South African cricket culture`
Johannesburg, Jan 23 (PTI) Former India coach and presently in charge of the South African cricket team, Gary Kirsten, has great plans for the Proteas, according to several former players.
"(Kirsten) wants to change the cricket culture in South Africa," former paceman Makhaya Ntini said.
"Gary has done so much to show that his plans don`t just depend on a handful of people," Ntini told the daily `SportsDay`, citing the inclusion of six players of colour in the fourth one-dayer against visiting Sri Lanka last week.
"That tells you he wants change. He gives people opportunities, and then it`s up to them to prove themselves," he said.
Former Proteas batsman Boeta Dippenaar also lauded Kirsten for the role he had played in the improved performance of the team in the past one year.
Dippenaar felt that Kirsten`s stint with India, a team he led to the World Cup victory last year, had given him more ideas.
"Although Gary is one of our own, he had to go out of our system before he came back in," Dippenaar said, adding that the time away from home had given Kirsten "a new perspective and fresh ideas".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan