`MoustAshes` battle gets hairy for Aussies
Sydney: Australia`s cricketers will be having their own battle of the `moustAshes` when they take on England during the Ashes series starting this month.
Matthew Wade, David Warner, Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Johnson and head coach Darren Lehmann will vie with each other for the hairiest upper lip as they raise funds for the Movember charity.
The cricketers are beginning their moustache-growing from November 1 to raise funds and awareness for prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health.
Lehmann said he had no hesitation in offering his support for Movember, one of Cricket Australia`s two official charity partners.
"Movember has helped change the way we see men`s health and with my grandfather battling prostate cancer, it`s a cause I`ll always be a huge supporter of," Lehmann said in a CA statement on Friday.
"It`s great to have Wade, Warner, Starc and Johnson on board as well and I think things will get pretty competitive but hopefully I`ll have the boys covered when it comes to the end of the month."
Last year the Australian cricket community raised more than Aus$112,000 ($106,000) for the cause, taking cricket`s contribution to more than Aus$300,000 since 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority