`Out of favour` Abdul Razzaq eyeing comeback during SA series
Karachi: Pakistani cricketer Abdul Razzaq has said that he is hoping to come back in contention for a place in the national team after he was selected in the preliminary squad for the home series in the UAE against South Africa.
An official claimed that the Pakistan Cricket Board`s ( PCB) selection committee has produced a list of over 50 players for the back-to-back home series against South Africa and Sri Lanka in the Gulf country, which includes Razzaq and Shoaib Malik.
According to the Express Tribune, the official said that the list also included all the current national cricketers as well as top domestic cricketers.
Stating that he will continue his pursuit of making a comeback into the team, Razzaq, a veteran of 265 one-day internationals and 30 Twenty20s, said that he has shown his availability to the selectors for the South Africa series, adding that he is fit and will continue to work hard to get in the best shape before the series.
However, the official said that Razzaq would have to undergo an extensive fitness test to become eligible for selection as the committee hardly has any assessment about his form and fitness due to his absence from recent domestic events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach