`Out of favour’ Sami eyeing Pak comeback
Islamabad: Pakistan`s current fastest bowler Mohammad Sami, who was ignored for the South Africa tour, has claimed he would keep working hard in domestic cricket to regain his place in the national side.
After the retirement of Shoaib Akhtar, Sami has been the quickest of all the present bowlers, however, medium pacers Tanvir Ahmed, Ehsan Adil and Rahat Ali were selected ahead of him for the ongoing tour, the Express Tribune reports.
Sami said Pakistan has several tours in the coming 18 months so he would continue doing well in domestic cricket to earn a recall, adding it was a disappointment to miss out on the South Africa tour because the wickets there are really helpful to fast-bowlers.
Sami added now he just needed to look ahead and he is concentrating on doing well in the ongoing Faysal Bank One-Day Cup.
Sami had a good start in the domestic one-day event as he took three wickets to help the Karachi Dolphins win their first match emphatically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!