`Out of favour` Shaun Marsh shifts focus from Tests to ODIs
Sydney: Australian player Shaun Marsh is doing his best to put ambitions of a Test recall aside as he looks to cement his place in the Australian one-day side.
According to news.com.au, the match against Scotland was only the second ODI appearance since October, 2011 for Marsh, who has drifted in and out of the national limited overs teams.
Marsh`s Test career has been similarly frustrating and after scoring 141 on debut against Sri Lanka in 2011, a disastrous series against India two months later meant his stint was short-lived, the report said.
The 30-year-old admits he`d love another crack at Test cricket in the return Ashes series in Australia later this year but he has a more pressing focus in the five-match ODI series against England, starting on Friday, the report added.
Marsh said that he was feeling good with his game, adding that he was looking forward to the challenge of the ODI series against England, and not thinking about the Ashes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read