`Testing` Sri Lankan tour `invaluable experience` for Proteas, says Duminy
Johannesburg: South African all-rounder JP Duminy has said that their testing tour of Sri Lanka has been an invaluable experience and will be beneficial for future tours on the sub-continent.
According to Sport24, Duminy, who achieved the most success in the conditions, was named as the man of the three-match Twenty20 series, following two half-centuries as well as three wickets with the ball.
The report further said that Duminy also became South Africa`s leading run-scorer in T20 cricket during the series, and passed 1, 000 T20 international runs.
Stating that familiarity and past experiences are extremely useful to their team, Duminy said that the experience is the key for his teammates and himself as they will get more opportunities against Pakistan and India later this year, adding that he hoped that they will have plans in place to combat their spinners.
According to Duminy, the team takes a lot of pride from their maiden series win in Sri Lanka against their No.1 ranked opponents given the trying conditions, adding that they have to take a lot of confidence out of this win, especially with the World Twenty20 being in these conditions.
Stating that playing in Sri Lanka is similar to playing in India, Dubai and Bangladesh, Duminy also said that he also had success in those countries a few times over the years, which has paid off in the Sri Lankan tour, adding that he is pleased with the way his own game has gone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered