10 teams to vie for four Women`s World Cup spots
Dubai: Ten teams, including USA and Japan, will vie for the four remaining spots of the 2013 ICC Women World Cup through a qualifying tournament to be held in Dhaka, Bangladesh from November 14 to 25.
Hosts Bangladesh will feature in a five-team Group B, which will have West Indies, Pakistan, Ireland and Japan as the other teams.
South Africa, Sri Lanka, the Netherlands, Zimbabwe and USA will compete in Group A.
England, Australia, India and New Zealand have already qualified for the event by virtue of finishing in the top four at the ICC Women`s Cricket World Cup 2009.
"The ICC WWCQ 2011 will be played at four venues in Dhaka, namely Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Narayanganj Osmani Stadium, BKSP 1 and BKSP 2," an ICC release said.
The main World Cup will be held in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees