10 teams to vie for four Women`s World Cup spots
Dubai: Ten teams, including USA and Japan, will vie for the four remaining spots of the 2013 ICC Women World Cup through a qualifying tournament to be held in Dhaka, Bangladesh from November 14 to 25.
Hosts Bangladesh will feature in a five-team Group B, which will have West Indies, Pakistan, Ireland and Japan as the other teams.
South Africa, Sri Lanka, the Netherlands, Zimbabwe and USA will compete in Group A.
England, Australia, India and New Zealand have already qualified for the event by virtue of finishing in the top four at the ICC Women`s Cricket World Cup 2009.
"The ICC WWCQ 2011 will be played at four venues in Dhaka, namely Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Narayanganj Osmani Stadium, BKSP 1 and BKSP 2," an ICC release said.
The main World Cup will be held in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman