10 teams to vie for four Women`s World Cup spots
Dubai: Ten teams, including USA and Japan, will vie for the four remaining spots of the 2013 ICC Women World Cup through a qualifying tournament to be held in Dhaka, Bangladesh from November 14 to 25.
Hosts Bangladesh will feature in a five-team Group B, which will have West Indies, Pakistan, Ireland and Japan as the other teams.
South Africa, Sri Lanka, the Netherlands, Zimbabwe and USA will compete in Group A.
England, Australia, India and New Zealand have already qualified for the event by virtue of finishing in the top four at the ICC Women`s Cricket World Cup 2009.
"The ICC WWCQ 2011 will be played at four venues in Dhaka, namely Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Narayanganj Osmani Stadium, BKSP 1 and BKSP 2," an ICC release said.
The main World Cup will be held in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital