14 wkts fall in Tripura vs Andhra Ranji match day two
Agartala: Fourteen wickets fell on day two as the Ranji Trophy Group C match between Tripura and Andhra Pradesh remained finely balanced here on Monday.
Tripura, who began the day at 165 for 9, could only add 14 to that score in five overs to be all out for 179 from 68 overs.
Andhra, however, failed to capitalise on that low score, and lost three quick wickets to stumble to 42 for 3. Bodapati Sumanth led the recovery with 55, but from 116 for 3, the visitors collapsed and were bundled out for 163 to conceded a 16-run first innings lead to Tripura.
Seamer Rana Dutta finished with 5 for 51 -- his best figures in first-class cricket -- while Manisankar Murasingh scalped three.
When Tripura batted for the second time, Andhra clawed their way back into the game with three early wickets, leaving the hosts at 20 for 3 at stumps on Monday.
Tripura: 179 all out in 68 overs (Tushar Saha 61; Paidikalva Vijaykumar 5/40) and 20 for 3 in 11 overs.
Andhra: 163 all out (Bodapati Sumanth 55, Rana Dutta 5/51).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference