14 wkts fall in Tripura vs Andhra Ranji match day two
Agartala: Fourteen wickets fell on day two as the Ranji Trophy Group C match between Tripura and Andhra Pradesh remained finely balanced here on Monday.
Tripura, who began the day at 165 for 9, could only add 14 to that score in five overs to be all out for 179 from 68 overs.
Andhra, however, failed to capitalise on that low score, and lost three quick wickets to stumble to 42 for 3. Bodapati Sumanth led the recovery with 55, but from 116 for 3, the visitors collapsed and were bundled out for 163 to conceded a 16-run first innings lead to Tripura.
Seamer Rana Dutta finished with 5 for 51 -- his best figures in first-class cricket -- while Manisankar Murasingh scalped three.
When Tripura batted for the second time, Andhra clawed their way back into the game with three early wickets, leaving the hosts at 20 for 3 at stumps on Monday.
Tripura: 179 all out in 68 overs (Tushar Saha 61; Paidikalva Vijaykumar 5/40) and 20 for 3 in 11 overs.
Andhra: 163 all out (Bodapati Sumanth 55, Rana Dutta 5/51).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof