1992 Proteas World Cup squad player accused of rape
Johannesburg: A former South African cricketer, who played for the national team and took part in the 1992 Cricket World Cup, has reportedly been accused of rape.
The yet-unnamed cricketer, who is accused of raping a woman on March 1 after leaving a party in Eastern Cape, has however, denied raping the woman and also denied being informed about the accusation.
According to Sport24, the matter is currently being investigated, although police said that the man has not been formally charged and would appear in an East London court once he had been arrested.
The report mentioned that the former player could not be named until he has appeared in court .
1992 World Cup squad: Kepler Wessels (captain), Tertius Bosch (deceased), Hansie Cronje (deceased), Allan Donald, Omar Henry, Andrew Hudson, Peter Kirsten, Adrian Kuiper, Brian McMillan, Meyrick Pringle, Jonty Rhodes, Dave Richardson, Mark Rushmere and Richard Snell
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!