1st T20I: Sri Lanka comprehensively defeat Australia by 5 wickets
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Sydney: An explosive knock from David Warner went in vain, as Sri Lanka defeated Australia by 5 wickets in the 1st T20I played at Sydney Cricket ground on Sunday.
Australia won the toss and decided to bat first after which David Warner produced a flurry of boundaries and remained unbeaten on 90 (62 balls). It was the left-hander’s innings that helped the hosts reach a total of 137 runs.
The openers got Sri Lanka to a good start adding 46 runs for the first wicket. Towards the end, Thisara Perera (19*) and Angelo Mathews (35*) scored the remaining runs as Sri Lanka now lead the series 1-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming