1st T20I: Sri Lanka comprehensively defeat Australia by 5 wickets
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Sydney: An explosive knock from David Warner went in vain, as Sri Lanka defeated Australia by 5 wickets in the 1st T20I played at Sydney Cricket ground on Sunday.
Australia won the toss and decided to bat first after which David Warner produced a flurry of boundaries and remained unbeaten on 90 (62 balls). It was the left-hander’s innings that helped the hosts reach a total of 137 runs.
The openers got Sri Lanka to a good start adding 46 runs for the first wicket. Towards the end, Thisara Perera (19*) and Angelo Mathews (35*) scored the remaining runs as Sri Lanka now lead the series 1-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed