1st T20I: Sri Lanka comprehensively defeat Australia by 5 wickets
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Sydney: An explosive knock from David Warner went in vain, as Sri Lanka defeated Australia by 5 wickets in the 1st T20I played at Sydney Cricket ground on Sunday.
Australia won the toss and decided to bat first after which David Warner produced a flurry of boundaries and remained unbeaten on 90 (62 balls). It was the left-hander’s innings that helped the hosts reach a total of 137 runs.
The openers got Sri Lanka to a good start adding 46 runs for the first wicket. Towards the end, Thisara Perera (19*) and Angelo Mathews (35*) scored the remaining runs as Sri Lanka now lead the series 1-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused' bail plea
- German minister rejects blanket suspicion of refugees after attacks
- Don't derail ties with India with controversial statements on Kashmir, Pak daily urges Islamabad
- Congress member wants PM's response to Hafiz's war rants, chinese interference
- Shocking! Here priest slept with more than 100 girls and mothers allowed it – Know why