1st T20I: Sri Lanka comprehensively defeat Australia by 5 wickets
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Sydney: An explosive knock from David Warner went in vain, as Sri Lanka defeated Australia by 5 wickets in the 1st T20I played at Sydney Cricket ground on Sunday.
Australia won the toss and decided to bat first after which David Warner produced a flurry of boundaries and remained unbeaten on 90 (62 balls). It was the left-hander’s innings that helped the hosts reach a total of 137 runs.
The openers got Sri Lanka to a good start adding 46 runs for the first wicket. Towards the end, Thisara Perera (19*) and Angelo Mathews (35*) scored the remaining runs as Sri Lanka now lead the series 1-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside