1st T20I: Sri Lanka comprehensively defeat Australia by 5 wickets
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Sydney: An explosive knock from David Warner went in vain, as Sri Lanka defeated Australia by 5 wickets in the 1st T20I played at Sydney Cricket ground on Sunday.
Australia won the toss and decided to bat first after which David Warner produced a flurry of boundaries and remained unbeaten on 90 (62 balls). It was the left-hander’s innings that helped the hosts reach a total of 137 runs.
The openers got Sri Lanka to a good start adding 46 runs for the first wicket. Towards the end, Thisara Perera (19*) and Angelo Mathews (35*) scored the remaining runs as Sri Lanka now lead the series 1-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan