1st Test, Day 5: Pakistan vs Zimbabwe - As it happened...
Zee Media Bureau
Zimbabwe second innings
Over 46.4 || Score 120
Pakistan beat Zimbabwe by 221 runs. With the wicket of Chatara, Pakistan managed to win the first Test match of the series and take the lead of 1-0 in the two match series. Both the Pakistani spinners – Saeed Ajmal and Rehman -- shared four wickets between each other in this innings. For the host team, Chigumbura was the highest scorer with the score of 28.
TL Chatara lbw b Saeed Ajmal 13 (16b)
Over 42 || Score 107/9
Pakistan is on the verge to win the first Test Match. After two early blows by Junaid Khan in the morning, Pakistani spinners joined the party. First, Abdur Rehman sent back MN Waller, Sikandar Raza and E Chigumbura towards the pavilion and then Ajmal took two of P Utseya and SW Masakadza, in the same over, to take the visitors closer towards victory. After few overs, Rehman also took the wicket of Panyangara. Now Pakistan is just one wicket away from victory.
T Panyangara lbw b Abdur Rehman 6 (15b)
SW Masakadza lbw b Saeed Ajmal 0 (2b)
P Utseya b Saeed Ajmal 0 (5b)
E Chigumbura c Mohammad Hafeez b Abdur Rehman 28 (35b)
Sikandar Raza c Azhar Ali b Abdur Rehman 24 (54b)
MN Waller c Rahat Ali b Abdur Rehman 17 (39b)
Over 23 || Score 45/3
In the very first over of the morning, Junaid Khan gave Pakistan its first breakthrough of the day in the form of Masakadza. Double blow. The home team suffered another blow in the next over of Junaid. Sibanda was trapped in front of the wicket and field umpired didn’t take much time to raise his finger. It’s a poor start of the day for Zimbabwe. At the moment Sikandar Raza and Malcolm Waller are at the crease and are playing on 16 and 13 respectively.
V Sibanda lbw b Junaid Khan 6 (40m 27b)
H Masakadza c Azhar Ali b Junaid Khan 1 (5m 8b)
Younis Khan hit a double century as Pakistan wrested control on the fourth day of the first Test against Zimbabwe at the Harare Sports Club on Friday.
Younis hit 200 not out to enable Pakistan to declare on 419 for nine, setting Zimbabwe an unlikely 342 to win.
Zimbabwe were 13 for one at the close, losing opening batsman Tina Mawoyo in the last over of the day, leg before wicket to Saeed Ajmal.
Off-spinner Ajmal, who took seven for 95 in the first innings, will be the main threat to the Zimbabwe batsmen on the last day on a deteriorating pitch.
Read full article Here »
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- DNA: World soccer rocked by Swiss arrests of FIFA officials for graft
- Bihar polls: Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbseresults.nic.in working now, check your CBSE Class 10 Board Results 2015
- cbse.nic.in Board Results 2015: CBSE Class 10 Results declared on cbseresults.nic.in
- Watch: Young Sikh boy takes on a bully outside UK school
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Check out: Salman Khan goes across the border in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser
- Breast cancer changes bone structure to make it spread: Study