200th Test could be Sachin Tendulkar’s last: Sources
Zee Media Bureau/Feroz Khan
New Delhi: If reports are to be believed then Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar’s 200th Test against West Indies at home could well prove to be his last.
Various media reports have suggested that Tendulkar’s 200th Test against West Indies at home could his final game for Team India after his meeting with BCCI’s chairman of selectors Sandeep Patil.
Patil met Tendulkar few days back to discuss his future giving him indications that his selection for the future series and tours will be dependent upon his form and not past reputation.
The duo also discussed plans regarding Team India’s future and how the board wants to give more chances to promising youngsters in the team.
Meanwhile, Patil has dismissed reports of him giving indication to Sachin Tendulkar regarding his future with the Indian cricket team.
Of late, Tendulkar hasn’t been in the best of touch. His last Test century came way back in January 2011 against South Africa in Cape Town. Between then and now, his highest score has been 94 that he scored against West Indies at Mumbai in November 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city