2015 World Cup Final: MCG firming up as favoured venue
Sydney: The Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) is emerging as the favoured place for hosting the 2015 World Cup final, although the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) is also under consideration.
According to a leading Australian daily, the MCG staged the 1992 World Cup final between Pakistan and England, attracting a crowd of 87,182.
The SCG may in all probability host one of the semi-finals.
A third option is the ANZ Stadium, which has a new two million dollar practice facility, which includes eight purpose-built pitches and is to be completed by next summer, is a cornerstone of the bid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!