2nd Kashmir Premier League to be held next month
Srinagar: The Kashmir Premier League (KPL) cricket tournament, which will be an annual event, will be held here next month.
Minister for Sports R S Chib chaired a meeting here on Saturday to finalise the arrangements for the tournament.
The tournament will be held in two stages with district level competition in the first phase. Eight teams, emerging from the first phase, will play the League in the second stage, an official spokesman said.
The first edition of the KPL was sponsored by Army and it will continue its association with the game this year as well, the spokesman said.
The winner of the league will get Rs five lakh while the runner up team will net Rs three lakh. The third placed team will get Rs two lakh, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III