2nd ODI: India trash West Indies by 7 wickets
Port of Spain: Indian batsmen did well to chase the new target and won by seven wickets, doing in brisk fashion due to the D/L system after a deluge reduced the game.
Virat Kohli was the star (81) of the day, forging a solid partnership with Parthiv Patel (56) that set up the platform to chase the total as skipper Raina stayed till the end to help India take a 2-0 lead in the five match ODI series.
A constant downpour resulted in India chasing a revised target of 183 runs in 37 overs.
Shikhar Dhawan (3) who was claimed by Ravi Rampaul, could not do justice to the opportunity awarded to him after his last match’s good performance.
This came in after West Indies posted a competitive 240/9 for India to chase in the second ODI, much due to the efforts of the tail-enders and some wayward bowling at death.
Amit Mishra (4-31) and Munaf Patel (3-35) were the wreckers-in-charge for the visitors as they stamped their authority on the much appreciative spectators.
Lendl Simmons (53) and Ramnaresh Sarwan’s (56) fifties helped the hosts reach a decent total as Yusuf Pathan helped himself to two wickets despite being expensive in the run-rate department.
Pathan claimed Simmons and Marlon Samuels (36) while the batsmen were trying to slog him over the fence.
With the 2-0 lead in the series, India would dig even deeper to test the bench strength in the next tie, hoping to seal the series while the home team have a steep task at their hands.
India (Playing XI): Parthiv Patel(w), Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Subramaniam Badrinath, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina(c), Yusuf Pathan, Harbhajan Singh, Amit Mishra, Munaf Patel, Praveen Kumar
West Indies (Playing XI): Lendl Simmons, Kirk Edwards, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Marlon Samuels, Kieron Pollard, Dwayne Bravo, Carlton Baugh(w), Darren Sammy(c), Devendra Bishoo, Ravi Rampaul, Anthony Martin
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'