2nd Test, Day 2: Zimbabwe vs Pakistan - As it happened...
Zee Media Bureau
PAKISTAN Over: 8 II Score: 24/0
It’s lunch and Pakistan have added 20 runs in seven overs after bowling out Zimbabwe for 294 runs in the first session of the second day. Khurram Manzoor and Mohammad Hafeez
are at the crease. So far, Zimbabwe have used three bowlers in Panyangara, Vitori and Chatara.
ZIMBABWE Over: 109.5 II Score: 294/10
Tendai Chatara and Brian Vitori added 46 runs for the last wicket – the second highest of Zimbabwe innings – to take the score the first innings total to 294 runs. Chatara was the final wicket to fall after being trapped in front by Abdur Rehman. He scored 21 (64b, 4X2). Brian Vitori was unbeaten on 19 (35*, 4X2). Earlier, Junaid Khan removed Prosper Utsey after he pulled him to fine leg where Rahat Ali completed the catch. He scored 22 (82b, 4X1). Khan was the pick of the bowlers ending up with four wickets in 33 overs while Abdur Reham took 3/47. For Zimbabwe Hamilton top scored with 75 while his skipper Brendan Taylor scored 51.
Over: 90 II Score: 237/8
Zimbabwe were 237 for eight at the close of play. The hosts were going very slow and lost 8 wickets. Pakistan bowler Junaid Khan was in a supreme form and took three wickets. The post tea session turned out to be disastrous for Zimbabwe. Pakistan won the first Test by 221 runs. With the second and final match of the series being played at the same venue as part of a cost-cutting exercise by Zimbabwe Cricket, there was concern that pitch preparation might have been affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25