2nd Test, Day 2: Zimbabwe vs Pakistan - As it happened...
Zee Media Bureau
PAKISTAN Over: 8 II Score: 24/0
It’s lunch and Pakistan have added 20 runs in seven overs after bowling out Zimbabwe for 294 runs in the first session of the second day. Khurram Manzoor and Mohammad Hafeez
are at the crease. So far, Zimbabwe have used three bowlers in Panyangara, Vitori and Chatara.
ZIMBABWE Over: 109.5 II Score: 294/10
Tendai Chatara and Brian Vitori added 46 runs for the last wicket – the second highest of Zimbabwe innings – to take the score the first innings total to 294 runs. Chatara was the final wicket to fall after being trapped in front by Abdur Rehman. He scored 21 (64b, 4X2). Brian Vitori was unbeaten on 19 (35*, 4X2). Earlier, Junaid Khan removed Prosper Utsey after he pulled him to fine leg where Rahat Ali completed the catch. He scored 22 (82b, 4X1). Khan was the pick of the bowlers ending up with four wickets in 33 overs while Abdur Reham took 3/47. For Zimbabwe Hamilton top scored with 75 while his skipper Brendan Taylor scored 51.
Over: 90 II Score: 237/8
Zimbabwe were 237 for eight at the close of play. The hosts were going very slow and lost 8 wickets. Pakistan bowler Junaid Khan was in a supreme form and took three wickets. The post tea session turned out to be disastrous for Zimbabwe. Pakistan won the first Test by 221 runs. With the second and final match of the series being played at the same venue as part of a cost-cutting exercise by Zimbabwe Cricket, there was concern that pitch preparation might have been affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH