2nd Test, Day 2: Zimbabwe vs Pakistan - As it happened...
Zee Media Bureau
PAKISTAN Over: 8 II Score: 24/0
It’s lunch and Pakistan have added 20 runs in seven overs after bowling out Zimbabwe for 294 runs in the first session of the second day. Khurram Manzoor and Mohammad Hafeez
are at the crease. So far, Zimbabwe have used three bowlers in Panyangara, Vitori and Chatara.
ZIMBABWE Over: 109.5 II Score: 294/10
Tendai Chatara and Brian Vitori added 46 runs for the last wicket – the second highest of Zimbabwe innings – to take the score the first innings total to 294 runs. Chatara was the final wicket to fall after being trapped in front by Abdur Rehman. He scored 21 (64b, 4X2). Brian Vitori was unbeaten on 19 (35*, 4X2). Earlier, Junaid Khan removed Prosper Utsey after he pulled him to fine leg where Rahat Ali completed the catch. He scored 22 (82b, 4X1). Khan was the pick of the bowlers ending up with four wickets in 33 overs while Abdur Reham took 3/47. For Zimbabwe Hamilton top scored with 75 while his skipper Brendan Taylor scored 51.
Over: 90 II Score: 237/8
Zimbabwe were 237 for eight at the close of play. The hosts were going very slow and lost 8 wickets. Pakistan bowler Junaid Khan was in a supreme form and took three wickets. The post tea session turned out to be disastrous for Zimbabwe. Pakistan won the first Test by 221 runs. With the second and final match of the series being played at the same venue as part of a cost-cutting exercise by Zimbabwe Cricket, there was concern that pitch preparation might have been affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues