2nd Test, Day 2: Zimbabwe vs Pakistan - As it happened...
Zee Media Bureau
PAKISTAN Over: 8 II Score: 24/0
It’s lunch and Pakistan have added 20 runs in seven overs after bowling out Zimbabwe for 294 runs in the first session of the second day. Khurram Manzoor and Mohammad Hafeez
are at the crease. So far, Zimbabwe have used three bowlers in Panyangara, Vitori and Chatara.
ZIMBABWE Over: 109.5 II Score: 294/10
Tendai Chatara and Brian Vitori added 46 runs for the last wicket – the second highest of Zimbabwe innings – to take the score the first innings total to 294 runs. Chatara was the final wicket to fall after being trapped in front by Abdur Rehman. He scored 21 (64b, 4X2). Brian Vitori was unbeaten on 19 (35*, 4X2). Earlier, Junaid Khan removed Prosper Utsey after he pulled him to fine leg where Rahat Ali completed the catch. He scored 22 (82b, 4X1). Khan was the pick of the bowlers ending up with four wickets in 33 overs while Abdur Reham took 3/47. For Zimbabwe Hamilton top scored with 75 while his skipper Brendan Taylor scored 51.
Over: 90 II Score: 237/8
Zimbabwe were 237 for eight at the close of play. The hosts were going very slow and lost 8 wickets. Pakistan bowler Junaid Khan was in a supreme form and took three wickets. The post tea session turned out to be disastrous for Zimbabwe. Pakistan won the first Test by 221 runs. With the second and final match of the series being played at the same venue as part of a cost-cutting exercise by Zimbabwe Cricket, there was concern that pitch preparation might have been affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video