2nd Test, Day 2: Zimbabwe vs Pakistan - As it happened...
Zee Media Bureau
PAKISTAN Over: 8 II Score: 24/0
It’s lunch and Pakistan have added 20 runs in seven overs after bowling out Zimbabwe for 294 runs in the first session of the second day. Khurram Manzoor and Mohammad Hafeez
are at the crease. So far, Zimbabwe have used three bowlers in Panyangara, Vitori and Chatara.
ZIMBABWE Over: 109.5 II Score: 294/10
Tendai Chatara and Brian Vitori added 46 runs for the last wicket – the second highest of Zimbabwe innings – to take the score the first innings total to 294 runs. Chatara was the final wicket to fall after being trapped in front by Abdur Rehman. He scored 21 (64b, 4X2). Brian Vitori was unbeaten on 19 (35*, 4X2). Earlier, Junaid Khan removed Prosper Utsey after he pulled him to fine leg where Rahat Ali completed the catch. He scored 22 (82b, 4X1). Khan was the pick of the bowlers ending up with four wickets in 33 overs while Abdur Reham took 3/47. For Zimbabwe Hamilton top scored with 75 while his skipper Brendan Taylor scored 51.
Over: 90 II Score: 237/8
Zimbabwe were 237 for eight at the close of play. The hosts were going very slow and lost 8 wickets. Pakistan bowler Junaid Khan was in a supreme form and took three wickets. The post tea session turned out to be disastrous for Zimbabwe. Pakistan won the first Test by 221 runs. With the second and final match of the series being played at the same venue as part of a cost-cutting exercise by Zimbabwe Cricket, there was concern that pitch preparation might have been affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note