3rd ODI: India vs Sri Lanka - Statistical highlights
Statistical highlights of the third cricket One-day international between India and Sri Lanka here on Sunday.
Hyderabad: Statistical highlights of the third cricket One-day international between India and Sri Lanka here on Sunday.
- India (3-0) have won six consecutive bilateral series against Sri Lanka for the first time - the results of the previous five series being 2-1 in India in 2006-07; 3-2 in Sri Lanka in 2008; 4-1 in Sri Lanka in 2008-09; 3-1 in India in 2009-10 and 4-1 in Sri Lanka in 2012.
- India have never lost a bilateral series against Sri Lanka in India, winning eight and drawing the remaining one bilateral series vs Sri Lanka in India.
- Batting first and being dismissed for 250 or less in ODIs, Sri Lanka have lost on fifteen occasions to India. They have won just once vs India in 16 games.
- Virat Kohli registered his ninth fifty (53 off 61 balls) vs Sri Lanka - his 32nd in ODIs.
- Kohli is the top run-scorer in ODIs in 2014 - his tally being 849 runs at an average of 49.94 in 19 matches.
- Kohli became the eighth Indian batsman to complete 6,000 runs or more in ODIs - his aggregate being 6003 (ave.51.30) in 144 matches. He raced to the milestone in 136 innings - the quickest in ODIs, eclipsing Vivian Richards' feat of reaching the milestone in 136 innings.
- Shikhar Dhawan (91 off 79 balls) registered his 11th fifty in ODIs - his fourth vs Sri Lanka.
- Dhawan is averaging 55.33 in ODIs in India - his tally being 830 in 16 innings, including three hundreds and five fifties.
- Dhawan, in the course of his completed his 2,000 runs in 48 innings - the quickest by an Indian batsman in ODIs - the joint fifth-quickest in ODIs. Hashim Amla had accomplished the feat in 40 innings - a record.
- Umesh Yadav (4/53) registered his best bowling performance in ODIs, eclipsing the 3 for 32 vs West Indies at Port of Spain on July 5, 2013.
- Umesh has captured 15 wickets (ave.22.86) in nine
- matches - the most by him in a calendar year in ODIs.
- Akshar Patel (3/40) produced his best bowling performance in ODIs, surpassing the two for 24 vs Sri Lanka at Cuttack on November 2, 2014.
- Kumar Sangakkara recorded his third duck vs India - his 15th in ODIs. He has posted two golden ducks vs India - the most by him against an opponent.
- Tillakaratne Dilshan (53 off 80 balls) recorded his 11th fifty vs India - his 39th in ODIs.
- Dilshan has now registered fifteen innings of fifty-plus, including four centuries, vs India in ODIs - the joint sixth highest against India
- Dilshan's tally of 2186 is the fourth highest by a Sri Lankan player against India in ODIs next only to Sanath Jayasuriya (2899), Kumar Sangakkara (2700) and Mahela Jayawardene (2632).
- Mahela Jaywardene (7097) became the fourth batsman to complete 7,000 runs or more in ODIs in Asia. He has joined Sachin Tendulkar (12067), Sanath Jayasuriya (8448) and Kumar Sangakkara (7795).
- Jayawardene (12002 runs at an average of 33.24 in 426 games) became the fifth batsman to aggregate 12,000 or more in ODIs, joining Tendulkar (18426), Ricky Ponting (13704), Jayasuriya (13430) and Sangakkara (12918).
- Jayawardene has raced to 12,000 runs in 399 innings - the slowest in ODIs. Sachin Tendulkar (300) holds a record, followed by Ricky Ponting (314), Kumar Sangakkara (336) and Sanath Jayasuriya (379).
- Jayawardene recorded his 17th century (118 off 124 balls) in ODIs - his fourth against India.
- Jayawardene has got his 20th Man of the Match award in ODIs - his third against India.