3rd Test: West Indies 280/8 on Day 3
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Edgbaston: After struggling for wickets initially, England bowlers clicked as a unit as they managed to pick 8 wickets at the third day of the Edgbaston Test.
Marlon Samuels made 76 runs with the bat while wicketkeeper Denesh Ramdin (60*) remained unbeaten at the end of day's play.
Graham Onions and Tim Bresnan picked three wickets each and another pacer Stuart Finn scalped two wickets.
England won the toss and decided to bowl first against West Indies in the 3rd and final Test.
The toss finally took place after two full days were washed out due to incessant rain at Edgbaston.
England: 1 Andrew Strauss (capt), 2 Alastair Cook, 3 Jonathan Trott, 4 Kevin Pietersen, 5 Ian Bell, 6 Jonny Bairstow, 7 Matt Prior (wk), 8 Tim Bresnan, 9 Graeme Swann, 10 Graham Onions, 11 Steven Finn
West Indies: 1 Adrian Barath, 2 Kieran Powell, 3 Assad Fudadin, 4 Darren Bravo, 5 Narsingh Denarine, 6 Marlon Samuels, 7 Denesh Ramdin (wk), 8 Darren Sammy (capt), 9 Tino Best, 10 Ravi Rampaul, 11 Sunil Narine
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'