5th ODI: England vs Australia – Scorecard
Zee Media Bureau
Live scorecard and commentary from the fifth and the final ODI match between Australia and England being played at The Rose Bowl, Southampton.
Over 49.1 || Score 298/10
Australia at one stage looked to score anything beyong 310-320, but due to a sudden collapse, they were all out for 298 runs. Meanwhile, soon after scoring his eighth ODI ton, Watson entertained the crowd by clobbering Joe Root for 28 runs in an over. Once Watson was dismissed, the tail-enders couldn’t do much and all looked in a hurry to be back in the pavilion. England now need 299 runs to win the match and the series.
CJ McKay c Root b Rankin 5 (16b)
JP Faulkner c Buttler b Jordan 10 (19b)
MG Johnson c & b Stokes 2 (2b)
SR Watson c Buttler b Stokes 143 (107b)
Over 40 || Score 242/5
Watson continues to play a brutal knock as rest of his team mates are being dismissed at regular intervals. The Watson-Clarke partnership was broken by Jordan after the latter mistimed a stroke straight to Pietersen at mid-off. Bailey and Voges were dismissed within no time and now Australia rely on Watson to take them past the 300-run mark.
Shane Watson 111* (93b) Adam Voges 7* (15b)
AC Voges c Buttler b Stokes 8 (17b)
GJ Bailey st Buttler b Root 4 (14b)
MJ Clarke c Pietersen b Jordan 75 (76b)
Over 202/3 || Score 30
And England’s search for the fourth wicket continues as Watson and Clarke have now added unbeaten 154 runs for the fourth wicket, a frustrating situation for the hosts after they had claimed three wickets with just 48 runs on the board. Both the Australian batsmen have grown in confidence and are currently launching bad balls, sometimes even the good ones for boundaries. Australia are up for a massive total here unless England get the much-needed breakthrough.
Shane Watson 90* (72b) Michael Clarke 71* (66b)
Over 20 || Score 109/3
Two of the most experienced Australian batsmen – Michael Clarke and Shane Watson are in the process of reconstructing the innings. Both of them have played some confident strokes so far and have stitched 61 runs for the fourth wicket. Australia desperately needed a partnership like this and the team manage would now want these two to swell the partnership overs hundred runs.
Shane Watson 44* (44b) Michael Clarke 25* (34b)
Over 10 || Score 48/3
England were dictating terms at the end of the first ten overs as Australia lost two quick wickets after a short rain interruption. Australia were 48/1 when the players walked off the field due to rain. Aaron Finch and Phil Hughes had added 13 runs for the first wicket before debutant Chris Jordan struck in his second over and Hughes was dismissed off a bouncer. After the fall of the first wicket, in-form Finch played some good strokes before rain interrupted play. But the rain interruption worked in England’s favour as Ben Stokes dismissed set batsman Aaron Finch and Matthew Wade off consecutive deliveries.
MS Wade c Buttler b Stokes 0 (1b)
AJ Finch c Morgan b Stokes 26 (32b)
PJ Hughes c Carberry b Jordan 2 (9b)
The toss has been delayed due to rain.
The ODI series is levelled at 1-1 at the moment and the Aussies would want to end their stay in England on a higher note. The Morgan-led England team was back into form after they won the last ODI to level the series. Both Morgan and Clarke have scored crucial knocks for their sides under pressure, and their teams would want them to come up with another fine knock in the decider!
England (From): Eoin Morgan(c), Jos Buttler(w), Ravi Bopara, Michael Carberry, Steven Finn, Boyd Rankin, Chris Jordan, Jamie Overton, Kevin Pietersen, Ben Stokes, James Tredwell, Luke Wright, Joe Root, Jonathan Trott
Australia (From): Michael Clarke(c), Matthew Wade(w), George Bailey, Nathan Coulter-Nile, James Faulkner, Fawad Ahmed, Aaron Finch, Josh Hazlewood, Phillip Hughes, Mitchell Johnson, Clint McKay, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Adam Voges, Shane Watson
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues