90 per cent poll respondents want Srinivasan to quit
Mumbai: An overwhelming number of people who have responded to an online poll in a popular cricket website want embattled BCCI president N Srinivasan to resign from his post after the Supreme Court asked him to quit on Tuesday.
According to the online response in a Website to a question whether Srinivasan should quit, close to 90 per cent of people (14524 persons) had replied in the affirmative by noon Wednesday.
Just over 7 per cent (1177) want him to stay on while the remaining (531 or just over 3 cent) want him to wait for the court`s order that is expected to be delivered tomorrow.
The Supreme Court bench headed by Justice A K Patnaik came down heavily on Srinivasan yesterday, asking him to step down for a free and fair probe in the IPL betting and spot fixing scandal involving his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan and some cricketers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16