Aakash Chopra completes 10,000 runs in first-class cricket
New Delhi: Former India opener Aakash Chopra on Thursday reached a commendable milestone by completing 10,000 runs in first-class cricket.
Chopra who had played most of his cricket for Delhi has been representing Rajasthan since last season. He completed the feat in his 148th first-class match. He had scored 9978 runs before the start of the match against Uttar Pradesh at the Sawai Man Singh Stadium in Jaipur.
Chopra who has played 10 Tests for India without much success scored nine runs in the first innings. When he reached an individual score of 13, he completed the coveted milestone.
He now has 27 first-class hundreds and 48 half centuries (including the 57 batting in the current game).
Rajasthan have only got three points from three matches and are trying their bit to stay afloat in the Elite tier of the national championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY