Aakash Chopra says Kohli `great example` for Umar Akmal to keep `going with big scores`
Karachi: Indian cricketer Aakash Chopra has said that batting star Virat Kohli is a `great example` for Pakistani batsman Umar Akmal to keep his momentum going with big scores, especially `on a roll`.
In a relatively short career which spanned 2 years (2003-2004), the opening batsman played 10 Test matches for India in which he scored 2 fifties, and he has subsequently forged a career as a journalist, with columns regularly appearing in high-profile publications.
According to www.pakpassion.net, Chopra said that Akmal is at the stage of his career where he must turn it around, adding that Kohli is a `great example` to Akmal for keeping his momentum going with big scores , especially `on a roll` in order to ensure he is in a rich vein of form for as long as possible.
Chopra further said that Akmal is not doing justice to the talent that he possesses as he has made only a couple of centuries in the one-day format despite playing 100 plus ODIs, adding that it poses a question to the squad as to whether it wants a talented batsman or a hard working batsman who will make runs on a consistent basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan