Aakash Chopra says Kohli `great example` for Umar Akmal to keep `going with big scores`
Karachi: Indian cricketer Aakash Chopra has said that batting star Virat Kohli is a `great example` for Pakistani batsman Umar Akmal to keep his momentum going with big scores, especially `on a roll`.
In a relatively short career which spanned 2 years (2003-2004), the opening batsman played 10 Test matches for India in which he scored 2 fifties, and he has subsequently forged a career as a journalist, with columns regularly appearing in high-profile publications.
According to www.pakpassion.net, Chopra said that Akmal is at the stage of his career where he must turn it around, adding that Kohli is a `great example` to Akmal for keeping his momentum going with big scores , especially `on a roll` in order to ensure he is in a rich vein of form for as long as possible.
Chopra further said that Akmal is not doing justice to the talent that he possesses as he has made only a couple of centuries in the one-day format despite playing 100 plus ODIs, adding that it poses a question to the squad as to whether it wants a talented batsman or a hard working batsman who will make runs on a consistent basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Russia to pay bonuses to athletes barred from Rio Olympics 2016
- Scorpene data leak unintentional, navy will address all concerns: Parrikar
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs
- UEFA Europa League Draw: Groups, Fixtures, Top clashes – All you need to know!
- Beware! If you are woman and using elevator alone - WATCH Video