Aamir admits uncertain future
Lahore: Pakistan`s disgraced pacer Muhammad Aamir, who made a quiet return home on Sunday, admitted that he remains uncertain and unsure about his future.
Aamir, banned and jailed for spot-fixing, avoided speaking to media on his arrival at Allama Iqbal international airport and also at his home in Defence Housing Authority but he told `Geo News` channel that he was not sure about his future.
"I am uncertain about my future. The last one and half year have been hell for me. I have missed my family and now I just want to spend maximum time with them now that I am returning home," the 19-year-old pace bowler told the channel before boarding his flight from London for Lahore.
The Pakistan Cricket Board has already made it clear that while it wanted the youngster to undergo rehabilitation and counseling, it had no plans to show any leniency to him and he would not be allowed to take part in any cricket activity at all.
"He will not even be allowed to use any of our facilities anywhere in Pakistan even for training," a board official said.
But insiders in the Board have told PTI that PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf and other senior members of the management wanted to find a way out to get the ICC to reduce the five year ban on Aamir.
"The Board believes he can be reformed and still has a lot to give to Pakistan cricket as a player in the near future. The Board does not want to waste a precious talent like him," one source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31